JNTU-HYD : Revised Academic Regulations For B.Tech / B.Pharmacy - R15 & R13

How percentage will be calculated for the students who cleared all subjects & students who left/Exempt 1 or 2 subjects ?
Ans : Here are the below 2 cases how percentage will be calculated.
  1. If u cleared all subjects & secured 224 credits then the percentage will be calculated by excluding 2 elective subjects marks in which u secured least marks from 1 to 4 years (that is percentage will be calculated for best of 216 credits).
  2. If u leave/fail (max of 8 credits) in 2 subjects & secure 216 credits then percentage will be calculated for best of 216 (By leaving those 2 subjects in which you got failed).
Note :
If a student failed in one elective subject (Which carries 4 credits) & secures 220 credits, then at that time JNTUH will remove 2 subjects as mentioned in below steps and will calculate the percentage for best of 216 credits.

i) The particular subject in which he got failed. [Students need to submit undertaking form in respective colleges].
ii) other subject in which he secured least marks from 1 to 4 years.
My question is this, I can leave my department subject?? Without including open elective and elective subject.

You can only leave elective subjects. Not any other theory subject other than electives.

Sir, this notification is wrong?? Here give student can leave any two subject. Here not mentione open elective and elective subject.

Images deleted due to fake info

Last edited by a moderator:
That posting in the images is giving fake news. Go through the academic regulations clearly. Don't trust any fake websites & there info. They wont have any idea about these rules & regulations of JNTUH at all.
sir here also not mentioned open elective subject and elective subject only exemption. Here mentioned that 216 credits is necessary. I am being confused. Our HOD Number is also not reachable.. now iam staying in my native palaces in arunachal Pradesh that why I can properly contact our college management.

Last edited by a moderator:
The file/attachment which had posted is outdated one because JNTUH issued Revised Academic Regulations For B.Tech / B.Pharmacy R13 & R15 students already. i think i had shared the revised regulations.

Please do verify the info regarding JNTUH updates with us. we will be giving you the latest & genuine info. If you have any doubts or any queries on any issue do post it in Request Zone @ http://www.forum.universityupdates.in/forums/request-zone.57/

The file/attachment which had posted is outdated one because JNTUH issued Revised Academic Regulations For B.Tech / B.Pharmacy R13 & R15 students already. i think i had shared the revised regulations.

Please do verify the info regarding JNTUH updates with us. we will be giving you the latest & genuine info. If you have any doubts or any queries on any issue do post it in Request Zone @ http://www.forum.universityupdates.in/forums/request-zone.57/
Hello
You can only leave elective subjects. Not any other theory subject other than electives.

Today I had asked my college examination cell branch incharge(keran sir), he told me any two theory subject can be exemption. Keran sir want to conversation with you give plzzz contact.

Sorry but we can't share the contact info here. You can find it out from the student service counters at JNTUH regarding the subjects exemption for B.Tech R13.
Sir, it's confirm?? We can not leave theory subject???

Contact students service counters at JNTUH for further details. Sorry could not get the contact details.

How percentage will be calculated for the students who cleared all subjects & students who left/Exempt 1 or 2 subjects ?
Ans : Here are the below 2 cases how percentage will be calculated.
  1. If u cleared all subjects & secured 224 credits then the percentage will be calculated by excluding 2 elective subjects marks in which u secured least marks from 1 to 4 years (that is percentage will be calculated for best of 216 credits).
  2. If u leave/fail (max of 8 credits) in 2 subjects & secure 216 credits then percentage will be calculated for best of 216 (By leaving those 2 subjects in which you got failed).
Note :
If a student failed in one elective subject (Which carries 4 credits) & secures 220 credits, then at that time JNTUH will remove 2 subjects as mentioned in below steps and will calculate the percentage for best of 216 credits.

i) The particular subject in which he got failed. [Students need to submit undertaking form in respective colleges].
ii) other subject in which he secured least marks from 1 to 4 years.
Sir in 4-2 i have failed in 2 subjects and i have no backlogs till now can i remove those subjects sir

Is this revised regulation applicable to those studying in JNTUH COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING HYDERABAD AUTONOMOUS? We have our own website and regulation for R13 and no such revisions over there. Also credits are different to our college. Please reply soon....

Wait for official notification from JNTUH regarding exemption rule.

Wait for official notification from JNTUH regarding exemption rule.
hi.. before you told me r13 batch students can't skip any two theory subject but your all information is fake.. plz dont try to spoil of student life ok.. all my r13 student don't believe this fake website. today i had met jntuh staff and they are say r13 student can leave any two subjct aslo theory.. r13 exemption under taken form already provides to respected college.... my r13 batch student those whos fail any 2 subject go to your respected college and do apply. donn't believe this fake website..

Thanks for the info. anyways we cant post info without official notification from JNTUH. Can you or your staff members show me the official notification issued by JNTUH on letter head of JNTUH with DE signature on it.