Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi
The Scheme & Regulations governing B.E/B.Tech programme from the academic year 2017-18 has been updated on the website.
In this regard following is brought to the notice:
1. The Course Evaluation sha ll be carried in the ratio 60 and 40 for SEE (Semester End Examination) and CIE (Continuous Internal Evaluation) respectively.
- The SEE will be conducted for 100 marks and proportionally reduced to 60 marks .
- The CIE is prescribed for maximum of 40 marks. Marks prescribed for test shall be 30 and that for assignment is 10.The CIE marks for test in a theory Course shall be based on three tests generally conducted at the end of fifth, tenth and fourteenth week of each semester. Each test shall be conducted for a maximum of 30 marks and the final marks shall be the average of three tests. The remaining 10 marks shall be awarded based on the evaluation of Assignments/Unit tests/written Quizzes that support to cover some of the Course/program outcomes. Final CIE marks awarded shall be the sum of these two out of maximum of 40 marks.
- In the case of Practical, the CIE marks shall be based on the laboratory journals/ records (30 Marks for continuous evaluation based on conduct of experiment, viva and report writing) and one practical test (10 Marks) to be conducted at the end of the semester.
2. The Scheme of teaching from the academic year 2017-18 admitted batch and onwards has been changed by retaining the contents of the syllabus of 20 15-16 scheme as it is.
Principal of Constituent and Affiliated Engineering Colleges are required to conduct an orientation program for the students, clearly mentioning the guidelines of Regulations & Scheme.
Contents of this notification may kindly be brought to the notice of all the concerned.
REGULATIONS GOVERNING THE DEGREE OF BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING/ TECHNOLOGY (B.E/B.Tech) UNDER CHOICE BASED CREDIT SYSTEM (CBCS) Effective from the academic year 2017-18 [For Students Admitted from 2017-18 onwards]
B.E / B.Tech I, II Semesters Scheme & Syllabus (Choice Based Credit System) With Effective From 2017-18
338 KB Views: 245
Last edited by a moderator: