JNTUH : Promotion Rules For B.Tech (R18) 1,2,3,4 Year - I & II Semesters [Regular/Lateral Entry]

Rahul

JNTUH B.Tech - R18 [Regular Students] : Promotion & Conditions to be fulfilled
PromotionConditions to be fulfilled
1-1 Semester to 1-2 SemesterRegular course of study of first year first semester
1-2 Semester to 2-1 Semester(i) Regular course of study of first year second semester.

(ii) Must have secured at least 18 credits out of 37 credits i.e., 50% credits up to first year second semester from all the relevant regular and supplementary examinations, whether the student takes those examinations or not.
2-1 Semester to 2-2 SemesterRegular course of study of second year first semester.
2-2 Semester to 3-1 Semester(i) Regular course of study of second year second semester.

(ii) Must have secured at least 47 credits out of 79 credits i.e., 60% credits up to second year second semester from all the relevant regular and supplementary examinations, whether the student takes those examinations or not.
3-1 Semester to 3-2 SemesterRegular course of study of third year first semester.
3-2 Semester to 4-1 Semester(i) Regular course of study of third year second semester.

(ii) Must have secured at least 73 credits out of 123 credits i.e., 60% credits up to third year second semester from all the relevant regular and supplementary examinations, whether the student takes those examinations or not.
4-1 Semester to 4-2 SemesterRegular course of study of fourth year first semester.

JNTUH B.Tech - R18 [Lateral Entry Scheme Students] : Promotion & Conditions to be fulfilled
2-1 Semester to 2-2 SemesterRegular course of study of second year first semester.
2-2 Semester to 3-1 Semester(i) Regular course of study of second year second semester.

(ii) Must have secured at least 25 credits out of 42 credits i.e., 60% credits up to second year second semester from all the relevant regular and supplementary examinations, whether the student takes those examinations or not.
3-1 Semester to 3-2 SemesterRegular course of study of third year first semester.
3-2 Semester to 4-1 Semester(i) Regular course of study of third year second semester.

(ii) Must have secured at least 51 credits out of 86 credits i.e., 60% credits up to third year second semester from all the relevant regular and supplementary examinations, whether the student takes those examinations or not.
4-1 Semester to 4-2 SemesterRegular course of study of fourth year first semester.

Last edited:
What about students who were r16 in 1st and 2nd year and then got re admitted in r18 3rd year amd 4th year. Do we get subject exemeption and grace marks by R16 way or only 9 marks and no subject exemption R18 way

What about students who were r16 in 1st and 2nd year and then got re admitted in r18 3rd year amd 4th year. Do we get subject exemeption and grace marks by R16 way or only 9 marks and no subject exemption R18 way
Not sure about subject exemption or grace marks
But, I believe you will not be detained for lack of credits and you'll stay in the current year of study

Does that sound right, @Rahul Anna ?

No Exemption of subjects for R18. Only grace marks are applicable for R18 students. Credit based detention is applicable for this academic year. If yet any relaxations are given by JNTUH we will inform you.
No chances off Grace marks increase

As of now no such decision is made. Many requests are submitted by JNTUH students. We will inform you if yet official notification is issued by JNTUH regarding any increase in grace marks.
When will they release Grace marks circular

JNTUH B.Tech - R18 [Regular Students] : Promotion & Conditions to be fulfilled
1-1 Semester to 1-2 SemesterRegular course of study of first year first semester
1-2 Semester to 2-1 Semester(i) Regular course of study of first year second semester.

(ii) Must have secured at least 18 credits out of 37 credits i.e., 50% credits up to first year second semester from all the relevant regular and supplementary examinations, whether the student takes those examinations or not.

(ii) Must have secured at least 47 credits out of 79 credits i.e., 60% credits up to second year second semester from all the relevant regular and supplementary examinations, whether the student takes those examinations or not.

(ii) Must have secured at least 73 credits out of 123 credits i.e., 60% credits up to third year second semester from all the relevant regular and supplementary examinations, whether the student takes those examinations or not.

JNTUH B.Tech - R18 [Lateral Entry Scheme Students] : Promotion & Conditions to be fulfilled

(ii) Must have secured at least 25 credits out of 42 credits i.e., 60% credits up to second year second semester from all the relevant regular and supplementary examinations, whether the student takes those examinations or not.

(ii) Must have secured at least 51 credits out of 86 credits i.e., 60% credits up to third year second semester from all the relevant regular and supplementary examinations, whether the student takes those examinations or not.
hi sir .
I am already detained in R18 2-2 in previous yr 2022 now how i get promoted and what is the last to score 47 credits to get promoted to 3-1

Sir iam r18 (lateral) I have 24 credits out of 52. In order to promote from 2-2 to 3-1 is there any exceptions because I need score only 1 credit. So pls reply sir and give any suggestions according to you

No Exemption of subjects for R18. Only grace marks are applicable for R18 students. Credit based detention is applicable for this academic year. If yet any relaxations are given by JNTUH we will inform you.
Sir what about the students those who are having 46 Credits ... Will the be promoted or detained?.. Please do us an reply on this mark

Detained as per the promotion guidelines issued by JNTUH. List is already sent to colleges. Please check your name in the list.
Sir please give me a clarity that I have 46 credits.. Did I promoted or detained.. Please give one explanition

Tags
jntuh btech r18 promotion rules jntuh promotion rules r18 jntuh r18 promotion rules