JNTUH Instruction to students of B.Tech R16 Regulation to apply for grace marks, credit exemption with an Undertaking for the issue of PC and CMM

JNTUH College-wise lists of students who are eligible to apply for

i) grace marks,
ii) credit exemption and
iii) grace marks followed by credit exemption

have been prepared and sent to respective colleges. For these three categories, the students have to fill-up the appropriate undertaking form (to be downloaded from student service portal) and the Principals have to sign at the appropriate place in the respective forms. These forms need to be either printed on the college letter-head / with a separate covering letters from the Principal enclosing the appropriate form and sent to the office of DE. The performance in the examinations of spell-2, the current spell i.e., spell-3 and/or IV-2 RC, RV & CV, shall be nullified if they apply for the PC & CMM under any of these three categories. They shall not be permitted to write any future examinations.

The applications received by forenoon tomorrow (20-11-2020) shall be processed on priority basis and efforts will be made to issue PC & CMM at the earliest possible date. The Principals are requested to note the following rules with regard to grace marks and credit exemption categories.

Those who seek grace marks:
1. A separate form (Form-5) earmarked for this category need to be filled up

2. Marks shall be added up to 10 marks for four year B.Tech course in failed subjects and 7 marks for lateral entry students of B.Tech course (maximum of two subjects).

3. All the semester marks/grade memos from the month/year specified in the list uploaded to portal today, where the subject(s) have been shown as Fail need to be surrendered along with the Filled-in Form (with the Principal endorsement) and the selective new marks/grade memos will be re-issued from the University Examination Branch along with PC & CMM.

Those who seek only credit exemption:
1. A separate form (Form-6) earmarked for this category need to be filled up

2. The students who failed in not more than two subjects and credits of the failed subjects is less than or equal to 6, are only eligible to apply for the credit exemption.

3. The subjects shall be shown as Fail in the CMM but since the student secures 186 credits, PC & CMM will be issued.

Those who seek both grace marks and credit exemption:
1. A separate form (Form-7) earmarked for this category need to be filled up

2. Points mentioned in the above two cases (grace marks and credit exemption) are applicable.

The cooperation of the principals is highly solicited.

Last edited:
AR16
Sir I've no backlogs but want to leave
2 subjects for betterment of GPA.
am i eligible ?? Please reply sir.

Hi sir, at my college I applied for grace marks only for 4-2 subject (MIS) as said. But when the eligibility list was uploaded(that is, yesterday), with MIS subject, my 3rd yr - 1st sem backlog(DCCN) for which I wrote supply on 11-11-20 was automatically added by Jntuh. Now my problem is at my college these 2 subjects are mentioned in the list of GROUP 7 form which means both GRACE MARKS + CREDIT. What should I do sir ?? apply both subjects for grace marks OR apply MIS for grace marks and DCCN for credit(exempt) ?? I am very confused sir nobody is helping me please sir guide me!!

Hi sir, at my college I applied for grace marks only for 4-2 subject (MIS) as said. But when the eligibility list was uploaded(that is, yesterday), with MIS subject, my 3rd yr - 1st sem backlog(DCCN) for which I wrote supply on 11-11-20 was automatically added by Jntuh. Now my problem is at my college these 2 subjects are mentioned in the list of GROUP 7 form which means both GRACE MARKS + CREDIT. What should I do sir ?? apply both subjects for grace marks OR apply MIS for grace marks and DCCN for credit(exempt) ?? I am very confused sir nobody is helping me please sir guide me!!
Now we can't do anything. you will get your CMM & PC soon. don't worry it wont effect you in future.

Now we can't do anything. you will get your CMM & PC soon. don't worry it wont effect you in future.
FORM 7 contains both grace marks and credit. In my case, both MIS and DCCN are mentioned for form 7 by JNTUH(even though I applied only for MIS). So should I apply dccn for grace with MIS or only DCCN for credit? OR else I should wait for r16 3-1 supply results and not apply DCCN in neither of the options?? because if I apply for the credit(exempt) option I will still get an F(fail) on my certificate which will definitely effect my future.
Sir please read and understand my question and then guide me. It's my humble request!! Because I tried searching for my answers everywhere but couldn't find them so please guide me correctly!!

Last edited:
FORM 7 contains both grace marks and credit. In my case, both MIS and DCCN are mentioned for form 7. So should I apply dccn for grace with MIS or only DCCN for credit? because if I apply for the credit(exempt) option I will still get an F(fail) on my certificate which will definitely effect my future.
Sir please read and understand my question and then guide me. It's my humble request!!
Form 7 indicates grace marks for one subject & credit exemption for other subject. since they had given form 7 in your case, try to write the subject name for credit exempt which is not core subject in your branch & the other subject for grace marks.

AR16
Sir I've no backlogs but want to leave
2 subjects for betterment of GPA.
am i eligible ?? Please reply sir.
As per jntuh rules and regulations candidates belongs to r16 regulations comp
In CMM they wont mention Pass or Fail only grades & credits will be mentioned on it. CMM validity will be until you get Original degree, once you get OD there wont be any use or mention of CMM. In PC they wont mention grades or credits.
Sir when will we receive pc & cmm as it mandatory to upload for pgcet admission and last date to upload is 25/11/2020

As per jntuh rules and regulations candidates belongs to r16 regulations comp

Sir when will we receive pc & cmm as it mandatory to upload for pgcet admission and last date to upload is 25/11/2020
As per JNTUH notification they will be issued as soon as possible based on first come first serve basis. stay in touch with your college cell staff to find whether they got PC & CMM or not.

Hello Sir I'm jntuhR-16 lateral entry student i have only one back log in 3-2 that is core subject can i apply for credit exemption for the core subject because earlier exemption is for 2 electives but now we don't have clarity whether exemption is for core subject or electives please help me sir.

Hello Sir I'm jntuhR-16 lateral entry student i have only one back log in 3-2 that is core subject can i apply for credit exemption for the core subject because earlier exemption is for 2 electives but now we don't have clarity whether exemption is for core subject or electives please help me sir.
Contact your college exam cell staff, if your name is in the list which is issued by JNTUH then you can apply for credit exemption to get the PC,CMM.

In CMM they wont mention Pass or Fail only grades & credits will be mentioned on it. CMM validity will be until you get Original degree, once you get OD there wont be any use or mention of CMM. In PC they wont mention grades or credits.
Thanks a lot for clearing my confusion

Sir how can we check our R16 1,2 years results Sir?
Please reply Sir.
For that purpose u need to ho through jntuh students services.u can order transcript of your memos also.

Sir, i applied for grace marks on 10th of nov ..Which they gave preference for only 4-2sem grace marks..Sir ..I want to know ..When they ll update gracemarks and issue the pc and cmm

Hi sir, Can you please tell me when jntuh university will issue updated memos of grace Mark's and also what they will mention on the memo of undertaking subject(credit)??