VTU Academic Eligibilty for the year 2017-18 for Admission to 1st Sem B.E / B.Tech / B.Arch Courses

Updates4u

It is hereby notified to all the Principals of Engineering Colleges : affiliate d / Autonomous / Constituent under VTU that the candidates who have the following credentials shall be eligible for see king admission to I year B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. courses for the academic year 2017-18.

ACADEMIC ELIGIBILITY :
a) For admission to B.E./B.Tech. Courses: The student should have passe d 2nd PUC / 12th standard or equivalent examination from a recognized board wit h English as one of t he languages and obtained 45% of mar ks in aggregate in Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of t he Chemistry / Bio-Technology I Computer Science I Electronics / Biology. In case of candidates belonging to Karnataka Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and other Backward Classes (Category I, 2A,2B, 3A and 3B), t he mini mum mar ks for the purpose of eligibility will be 40% of marks in aggregate in t he optional subject s in the qualifying examination.

b) For Admission to B.Arch : The student should have passe d 2nd PUC /12th standar d or equivalent examination from a recognized board with Mathematics as a compulsory optional subject and obtained a minimum of 50% of marks in aggregate in all the subjects in qualifying examination [45% of marks in case a candidates belonging to Karnataka Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and other Backward Classes (Category I, 2A,2B, 3A a nd 3B)] and should compulsorily appear for NATA [National Aptitude Test in Architecture] and obtained a minimum of 40% in NATA (including SC, ST and other Backward Classes).

In case of any doubt or ambiguity, the Principals are requested to refer the individual case to the University for Clarification. It is also brought to the notice of the Principals that in case of improper admission, the Principal is wholly responsible and provisional admission made shall be withdrawn by the University. Therefore , the Principals are advised to take utmost care while admitting candidates to the respective courses, so as to avoid cancellation of admission and litigation later on.

The Principals of Engineering colleges are requested to bring the contents of this notification to all the concerned and also display it prominently on the notice boards / college official website.

Download Official Notification Here