1. University Updates App's - To Get Instant Updates : Android App & IOS App

OU : Examination Scheme of UG/PG Programme under CBCS w.e.f. Academic Year 2016-17

Discussion in 'Question Papers' started by Rahul, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Rahul

Rahul Active Member

Examination Scheme of Post Graduate Programme under CBCS w.e.f. 2016-17 Academic Year

1) All TWO years / 4 semesters PG Programmes shall be designed for minimum of 96 credits i.e. 24 credits per semester.

2) Internal evaluation for the new CBCS at PG level has been implemented from the academic year 2016-17 remains the same as was the case earlier i.e. 20 marks internal is divided into 2 assessments of 15 marks each whose average is taken and the remaining 5 marks for assignment.

3) Pattern of Internal assessment: 10 MCQs of 1/2 mark each (5 marks) ; 10 FIBs of 1/2 mark each (5 marks) ; 5 short answers of 1 mark each (5 marks) ; for a total of 15 marks.

4) Conduct of Internal Assessments are as per Almanac

5) The question paper for the Internal Assessments and topics for assignments are to be prepared by colleges / departments.

6) Model Question Paper for Semester End Examination:

For all PG Courses (Arts, Commerce & Social Sciences)
    i) 5 Credit Course / Paper (80 marks) :
    • Section A (20 marks) - Short Answers one from each unit. 5 short answer questions of 4 marks each;
    • Section B (60 marks) - 5 long answer / essay type questions of 12 marks each with internal choice (2 to be set per unit)

ii) 4 Credit Course / Paper (80 marks) :
    • Section A (20 marks) - Short Answers one from each unit. 4 short answer questions of 5 marks each;
    • Section B (60 marks) - 4 long answer / essay type questions of 15 marks each with internal choice (2 to be set per unit).

For Sciences
    i) 4 Credit Course / Paper (80 marks) :
    • Section A (32 marks) - Short Answers two from each unit. 8 short answer questions of 4 marks each;
    • Section B (48 marks) - 4 long answer / essay type questions of 12 marks each with internal choice (2 to be set per unit)

Examination Scheme of Under Graduate Programme under CBCS w.e.f. 2016-17 Academic Year

1) Semester End Examination of Ability Enhancement Compulsory Course (AECC) shall be conducted by the University and its marks shall be a part of SGPA and CGPA.

2) AECC has 2 credits and will be evaluated for 50 marks: 10 marks internal assessment (10 MCQs and 10 FIBs of half mark each); 40 marks for Semester End exam (Section A: 10 marks - 2 short answers of 5 marks each, one from each unit: Section B: 30 marks - 2 long answers of 15 marks each; from each unit with internal choice). (AECC - I Course : Environmental Studies - The framing of syllabi, question paper, paper setting, panel of examiners and other confidential related work will be taken up by the Chairperson, BoS in Environmental Studies and AECC - 11 Course: Gender Sensitization - the framing of syllabi, question paper, paper setting, panel of examiners and other confidential related work will be taken up by the Chairperson, BoS in Sociology.)

3) Pattern of internal evaluation in UG Core and Elective papers (4 and 5 credit courses / papers) is 2 internal assessment tests of 15 marks each to be averaged and 1 assignment of 5 marks for a total of 20 marks. Each internal assessment question paper consists of 10 MCQs of ½ mark each; 10 FIBs of ½ mark each; 5 short answers of 1 mark each.

4) No assignments for any 3 credit core / elective course / paper.

5) NO INTERNAL EXAM for practical courses. Each 1 Credit Practical's is evaluated at the end of the semester for 25 marks. Evaluation by internal examiners for I, III & V Semesters and for II, IV & VI End Semesters by external examiners.

6) Pattern of Semester End Exam for UG Core and Elective papers( 4 and 5 credit courses / papers):

For Arts, Commerce & Social Sciences)
    i) 5 Credit Course / Paper (80 marks) :
    • Section A (20 marks) - consists of 8 Short Answer Questions (at least one from each unit) out of which 5 questions are to be answered. Each question carries 4 marks.
    • Section B (60 marks) - 5 long answer / essay type questions of 12 marks each with internal choice (2 to be set per unit)

ii) 4 Credit Course / Paper (80 marks) :
    • Section A (20 marks) - consists of 8 Short Answer Questions (two from each unit) out of which 5 questions are to be answered. Each question carries 4 marks.
    • Section B (60 marks) - 4 long answer / essay type questions of 15 marks each with internal choice (2 to be set per unit)

For Sciences
    i) 4 Credit Course / Paper (80 marks) :
    • Section A (20 marks) - consists of 8 Short Answer Questions (two from each unit) out of which 5 questions are to be answered. Each question carries 4 marks.
    • Section B (60 marks) - 4 long answer / essay type questions of 15 marks each with internal choice (2 to be set per unit)
    iI) 3 Credit Course / Paper (60 marks) :
    • Section A (15 marks) - consists of 8 Short Answer Questions (atleast two from each unit) out of which 5 questions are to be answered. Each question carries 3 marks.
    • Section B (45 marks) - 3 long answer / essay type questions of 15 marks each with internal choice (2 to be set per unit).

Download Examination Scheme of Post Graduate Programme under CBCS Here